Sunday, November 1, 2009

{Ch.1}
Wind of Memories p.2

A dream? No, never thought of that. I had always wondered how it feels to have a dream, to be happy to accomplish our life goals and to be determined about one thing. But, I want to feel the sensation of a dream and adventure surrounding my life. So I set an objective, to master languages by travelling over Asia. Learning languages is the key to wisdom. Many of my friends speak Chinese/Mandarin. My parents have always been telling me to learn it as it was considered the future language. I was heading towards Mudanjiang city in China. The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page*. The weather was scorching. I had nearly crawled into the threshold of the nearest home, seeking protection from the sun that was beating down on me. The coolness yet the warmth of the abode beckoned me forward. Absentmindedly, I entered my sanctuary. Because of financial problems, I rented a room in a house. Fortunately, the family was really welcoming and made the day very enjoying. But a dust of loneliness was covering my room. The barrier between the host and me was too ample. I was not fluent in Mandarin. It was hard to express myself to them. My beloved ones weren’t by my side. It would indeed be pleasant to have some company around me sometimes.

The woman was a cheerful person and was doing her best to make me comfortable, while her husband was a more introverted person and simply greeted me well when I came in. They seemed to be in the middle thirties or forties. I didn’t meet any other people after them, so I concluded that they were a childless couple. To escape from my boredom, I wrote all kinds of journal entries of my trip in my booklet. The adventure had officially started.


* St. Augustine wrote that quote

2 comments:

  1. camm.
    that's nice ,
    you are writting so well <3 (:
    i will wait for the next parts ~

    from shoo <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. To Soph,
    Thank you very much :)
    New parts coming up soon

    ReplyDelete